Access Panel Course 1
This course is for anyone who will be gathering requirements, designing, and laying-out the user and system functionality of Access Panel. This course is ideal for consulting firms, independent consultants, and internal IT staff responsible for a successful implementation or expansion of Access Panel.
This course is also offered as a paid workshop (W###), where an Access Panel professional walks you through your options, and collects your design requirements.
Session 1 - Access Panel Features
- Overview of benefits and features
- How Access Panel relates to Identity Panel
- Integration with Active Directory, Azure AD, Relational Databases and MIM Sync
- Integration with ServiceNow
- Hosting and High Availability – SaaS and On-Premise
- Request and attestation campaign reporting
- Workflows - Event based actions, and state based activities with MIM
- Testing and promoting from development to production
- Access Panel PAM
Session 2 - Common cases. How customers are using Access Panel in the real-world.
How organizations are using Access Panel.
- ServiceNow integration stories
- Privileged Access Management
- Criteria based groups and role management
- Attestation campaigns
- Azure Licensing management
- Membership expiry
- Ownership replacement
- Hierarchical and team-based resource management structures
Session 3 - Access Panel Provider Architecture Review
This session will cover:
- Web application
- Panel Service
- Cloud Scanning
- Access from the Managed Service Console
- Panel Service hardware resources
This session is not a substitute for course A820 - Identity Panel Architecture, Providers, and Deployment.
Session 4 - Rule Engine Language Review
This session will explore the Rule Engine syntax that is used by Service Panel. The Rule Engine will be familiar to anyone who knows the MIM Portal custom expression syntax. The Rule Engine offers a super-set of rules, and helpful tools for find just the right rule syntax or attribute name. The Rule Tester will show you how to unit test code and see the results.
This session is on a replacement for course A850 - Rule Engine. Course A850 is recommended for anyone who wants to expand their Rule Engine skills. Report writing will not be covered, but is covered in the full A850 course.
Access Panel Requirements Gathering
Session 5 - Custom themes requirements
Add a theme to match your customer's brand and website. Add a logo and color pallet.
Session 6 – Access Panel data model
- Users, Resources, and Applications
- Virtual identities and membership scopes
- Data Inventory and assigning resources to applications
Session 7 - Membership Requests
- Membership requests
- Extension requests and auto-removal
- Just-in-time membership
Session 8 – Criteria-based resources
- Criteria based resources
- Attestation of criteria
Session 9 – Access Review
- Types of attestation campaign
- Designing attestation campaigns
- Tracking and reporting on campaigns